1. Skinny-straight cute jeans in a dark, subtle wash. FUCK BOOTCUT. Don’t even go near them. Light can look mall rat super easily so if you’re not sure, go dark. No patches, bedazzling, or excessive adornment on jeans. Too guido.
2. Clean but very soft t shirts that are form fitting (not baggy) but not skin tight with a subtle-deep v-neck. Build up from white and black into sky blue, rust red, forest green, royal purple, dove grey, etc.
3. A long, cool necklace/pendant: if in doubt go for a long, fine, delicate chain with a bullet on the end. Always a winner.
4. Beanies: go for some classy beanies, which means dont just grab a pack of black ones. Think a little slouchy but NOT dangling. Neutral tones or tones similar to ones from t shirts in #2.
5. Chuck Taylors/Vans that are slightly distinct but not too adorned.
6. A leather jacket. This is an investment piece, but a classic black or brown leather bomber jacket is something to have. Save up and get one that actually fits you though- not too big. That’s a little childish.
7. 1 or 2 silver rings of high quality that you can just keep on.
8. A nice leather wallet- doesn’t have to be designer, just mature.
9. Even if you’re a tomboy, you’d still probably look better with a little makeup. Some basics that will perk your face up without screaming MAKEUP: seperating mascana, tinted lip balm, concealer,semi-nude cream eyeshadow, and fine tipped eyeliner/eyebrow pencil.
10. Cool studded earrings made out of a legit metal.
A lot of people ask about this so here’s 10 tips